Missing 2-year-old Hamilton girl found alive miles away – WCVB Boston


Abigail Hanna, 21, of Topsfield has been arrested and charged with the kidnapping and abduction of 2-year-old Lyndon Albers.

Hanna was also charged with assault and battery on a child and breaking and entering.

The above is an update on the story below.

Investigators executed a search warrant Friday night at the home of a former babysitter after the strange disappearance and recovery of a toddler early Friday.

Watch report | Investigators search home of former babysitter

Detectives arrived at the home with tools to look for possible evidence inside the Topsfield home. They started on the first floor by taking photographs in most of the rooms and then making their way upstairs to the bedroom.

Neighbors said a car was towed from the driveway earlier in the day, and sources told NewsCenter 5 that police questioned the former babysitter who had worked with the family until recently.

The strange story began early Friday morning after the parents of Lyndon Albers, 2, called 911 around 7 a.m. to report her missing from their Hamilton home. They said she had last been seen around 4:15 a.m.

Lyndon was found alive miles away on Newbury Road in Rowley hours later, just as police were about to issue an Amber Alert, by an Ipswich couple on their way to work in Amesbury.

A family friend of the man and woman who found the girl told NewsCenter 5 that the couple said the girl was naked with her head shaved. She had a bruise on her head and cigarette burns on her body.

At first the couple was not sure if the child was a boy or girl, the family friend said.

The couple put Lyndon in their car, put a blanket around her and called police.

It was not immediately known how the girl ended up so far from home, why she was naked or how the injuries were sustained.

“We’re trying to put the pieces together right now,” Hamilton Police Chief Russell Stevens said at a news conference after the girl was found. “It’s like a jigsaw puzzle and a bunch of the pieces are missing.”

She was taken to Beverly Hospital, where she was listed in fair condition, and was later transferred to Boston Children’s Hospital. 

Lyndon’s disappearance is being treated as a crime, but no charges have yet been filed.


This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at

Leave a Comment

ten − one =